Cilantro-Lime Rice
1 cup uncooked rice
1 teaspoon butter or margarine
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon lime zest
1 can (15 oz) chicken broth
1 1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
2 teaspoons granulated sugar
3 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
In a saucepan combine rice, butter, garlic, lime peel, chicken broth and water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook 15-20 minutes, until rice is tender. Remove from heat. In a small bowl combine lime juice, sugar and cilantro. Pour over hot cooked rice.
Black Beans
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon ground cumin
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 1/3 cup tomato juice
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
In a nonstick skillet, cook garlic and cumin in olive oil over medium heat until you can smell it. Add beans, tomato juice, and salt. Continually stir until heated through. Just before serving stir in the cilantro.
These are supposedly Cafe Rio recipes. I didn't think they were exactly like Cafe Rio, but they were close. I think the black beans were the best I have ever made at home. Have your man grill up some chicken ;), cook a veggie and have some fresh fruit and voila- dinner is ready. Both are pretty easy recipes too. Sorry I forgot to take a picture. Enjoy!
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
2 comments:
Hooray! Thank you for sharing your talents with the less fortunate! What a great idea!
I tried these last weekend. They were awesome. Definitely the best beans I've ever made too. Thanks for the amazing recipes.
Post a Comment