Sunday, October 19, 2008

Dulce de Leche Cheesecake

INGREDIENTS:

1 envelope (7 g) unflavored gelatin

½ cup hot water

1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, at room temp

1 can (13.4 oz) Nestle Dulce de Leche (you will find this with the Latin foods at the store)

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

1 cup heavy whipping cream and 1 tbsp. granulated sugar, whipped until soft peaks form (I used regular whipping cream)

1 prepared 10 inch (9 oz.) graham cracker crust


DIRECTIONS:

Mix gelatin and hot water in small bowl until dissolved.

Beat cream cheese and dulce de leche in large bowl until creamy.

Stir gelatin mixture and vanilla into the cream cheese mixture.

Fold in whipped cream.

Pour into crust.

Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.

Drizzle with chocolate syrup.


Serves 10.

TIP: When the cream cheese is at room temperature it is easier to make a smooth and creamy mixture, so don't forget that important step!


This is SOOO delicious. The cheesecake isn't too dense or too airy, it's just the perfect texture. It's so easy to make too, you really should try it!

1 comment:

Liz said...

This is such a great idea, Katie! I'll be adding it to my list of blog links so I can get some dinner ideas. I swear sometimes I feel like I spent 80% of my life in the kitchen!