Awhile ago I was making cookies. I always use butter when cooking or baking, always. I was looking a few recipes and pondering why some recipes use butter and others shortening. I found these fun videos from a friend. They discuss a lot more than just butter and shortening, but do address the differences butter and shortening have in cookies.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZB-KVveLp3k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWoN0PtsIIQ&NR=1
I don't like the taste of cookies made with shortening, but after watching these videos I think I'll try making cookies with butter flavored shortening just to try it out.
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
2 comments:
i have a choco chip recipe that calls for 1/2 cup butter 1/2 cup shortening. it's actually really good cause you get the flavor, but it doesn't make the cookies come out flat like sometimes just butter does. thanks for the tips
Charles makes his famous chocolate chip cookies with butter flavor shortening. They are amazing! We give them away a lot because everyone loves his cookies. (Of course it has nothing to do with how much shortening his recipe has...it's a lot :).
Post a Comment