1- 1 1/2 lbs cooked chicken (I used 2 large chicken breast)
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup lime juice
1 Tablespoon chili powder (I thought this would be too much, but it's not!)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 (10 oz) cans green enchilada sauce
1 cup colby jack cheese, shredded
1 cup montery jack cheese, shredded
6-8 flour tortillas (8 in)
Mix the sauce ingredients together and add the chicken. Allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
Spray pan with cooking spray. I used a 9x7 in pan. (I know it's a weird size, but works great for our small family). Pour enchilada sauce in pan to coat the bottom. Fill tortillas with meat and desired amount of cheese. Roll tightly and line in pan. Top with the rest of the enchilada sauce (I used 1 1/2 cans instead of the full 2 cans) and more cheese.
Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
This is so different for enchiladas, my husband loved it. I made Cafe Rio black beans with it and it was a good combo.
Recipe from: http://sisterscafe.blogspot.com/search/label/mexican
3 comments:
Katie! This sounds soooo good! I am definitely going to make this soon!
I am going to the store tomorrow to buy the ingredients to make this! I also shared it with my editor!
Spencer said these are good. I'm going to try it!
Kathy
Post a Comment